Do you suffer from OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea)?
OSA is notoriously under-diagnosed with less than 25% of cases in the community being identified 1.
- Do you and your partner sleep in separate rooms due to loud snoring?
- Do you doze off unintentionally during the day?
- Do you often wake up feeling tired or having a headache?
- Do you have problems concentrating for long periods of time?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may be suffering fom sleep apnea and it is essential that you seek the right treatment option.
Did you know?
- Regular snorers have a 33% increased risk of cardiovascular disease. 1
- Patients with OSA are four times more likely to have a heart attack. 2
- 40-80% of stroke sufferers also suffer from OSA. 2
OSA is a serious medical condition that can have a significant impact on quality of life, placing unnecessary strain on relationships between bed partners, family and the work place. If you have been heard to gasp for breath at night, are excessively sleepy during the day, or display symptoms of OSA you should consult your general practitioner, sleep specialist or ENT surgeon. Some of these symptoms are:
- Loud snoring
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Reduced resistance to infection
SomnoMed advises all patients have a sleep study prior to treatment with a SomnoDent® MAS.